POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Have I missed something? : Re: Have I missed something? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:23:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Have I missed something?
From: Andrew Coppin
Date: 3 Oct 2002 09:24:32
Message: <3d9c4510@news.povray.org>
Oh right... Triangle meshes eh? So I take it POV-Ray does some kinda magic
trick to smooth out the edges and make the shapes look "rounded" when in
fact they are made of flat triangles? (I think I remember seeing something
vaguely like that in the docs somewhere...)

So where do they get the mesh data from? Is someone awesomely talented
enough to model a human being out of triangles by hand, or do they get it
from medical imaging scans or something? (Presumably Poser doesn't magic
data out of thin air ;-)

Andrew.